User Group Leaders: What, Who, Why, How
What is a Group Leader?
Group Leaders help make the magic happen.
Group Leaders are responsible for their User Group chapter, which is an evolving community of Zendesk users who share common interests, job roles, or geographies. Whatever unites the group, and wherever they’re based, Zendesk is there to support and empower Group Leaders to lead their chapter. If you join the program, you’ll learn a lot about group management and event planning, and you’ll get to know the wider Zendesk Community team and other Group Leaders from around the world.
Who would make a good Group Leader?
Group Leaders are organized, motivated, and committed to building supportive spaces where people can learn and grow together. They should also be:
- A Zendesk customer
- Curious about the CX industry
- Committed to building an inclusive, active User Group chapter
- Willing to participate in the dedicated Group Leader Slack channel, use the provided event software for all group management, and abide by our Code of Conduct
- Aware that this program is not a pitching opportunity
- Ready to make some fresh connections, learn a new thing or two, and have a good time while doing it
What’s expected of you as a Group Leader?
A Group Leader acts as an extension of Zendesk and is incredibly important to the Zendesk Community Team. Some of your responsibilities will include:
- Acting as the main point of contact for your User Group members.
- Hosting at least four events per year (one per quarter), either virtually, in-person, or a mix of both. You can host more frequently if that’s what’s right for your group, but any less than quarterly makes it difficult for members to stay engaged.
- Using the official event platform for all activities and promoting through social media channels
- Determining topics, recruiting speakers, and finding venues (if applicable) for your events.
- Staying in contact with Zendesk via Slack, responding to emails, joining quarterly calls, and sharing member feedback regularly.
- Having fun (not strictly a responsibility, but we’d encourage you to add it to your list nonetheless.)
Why should you become a Group Leader?
Everyone loves perks. We’re committed to making sure our voluntary Group Leaders get the most out of the program. Here are a few things you can look forward to:
- Developing your professional brand, skill set, network, and leadership skills.
- Gaining recognition and notoriety amongst Zendesk customers and the CX industry.
- Special recognition and digital badges to add to your Zendesk Community and LinkedIn profiles. Plus, your name will appear on our Group Leader page.
- Expanding your professional credentials with free Zendesk and Bevy certification exams.
- Access to the Zendesk Group Leader Slack channel, where you can chat with fellow Group Leaders and the Zendesk Community Team.
- Attending Quarterly Town Halls and other events exclusively for Group Leaders.
- Getting exclusive Group Leader branded swag and event opportunities.
How can I become a Group Leader?
Easy. Complete the application below to get started.
Get in touch with the Zendesk Community team (email@example.com) if you have questions. They’re a friendly bunch, and there to support you at every step of your Group Leader journey.